BACK TO BBNovaRacing HOME PAGE

BBNovaRacing.com

Because old school is so cool
It is currently Apr Sat 20, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Jan Sun 18, 2004 10:53 pm 
What do you guys think? Must support 1400hp. Was leaning toward Prostar500 with filter. BG sells a whole fuel system kit from cell to carb bowls that might be easier than piecing everything together but I haven't priced that out yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Sun 18, 2004 11:12 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Magnaflow pumps are excellent! The bad part about BG is they will NOT sell you replacement parts. They want you to send it in. I had a 4 port regulator from them. It had torn a gasket..easy fix right? Nope BG said I had to send it to them.. OK So I over nighted the part $25.00 shipping.. they charge $75 and $33 for overnight back. For that price I should have bought a new one. Well anyway, I installed the regulator. I would make one pass and the pressure would drop to 1 PSI. I tore the stupid thing apart and it had a defective spring they put in. Easy fix right? Ship the part to me and I will replace the spring! Wrong.. I had to ship the thing back and they changed for shipping both ways even though they knew it was their problem. Long story short! BG SUCKS!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Mon 19, 2004 8:13 am 
Old Skool
Old Skool

I run the Magnaflow Prostar 500 with filter. It feeds my motor and NOS. Haven't had a problem in the 6 years or so I hava owned it. Hope this helps, Kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Mon 19, 2004 11:31 pm 
Thanks Monty & Kevin. Sounds like an easy decision. Six years and still going strong, have you had to rebuild it ever. That sounds like the right pump to me. We want to do the same thing, run the NOS and motor off of one pump with two regulators. Does anyone have any preference on the brand of AN style fittings and hoses. Does anyone run Aluminum line from the pump to regulators or does everyone use braided. I thought we could just use a little braided at each end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 3:20 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

I run braided line from my cell to the pump, and then aluminum line to the regulator...Been on there for 3 years and never had a problem!!!! Plus it is much cheaper than all braided......

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 8:22 am 
Old Skool
Old Skool

I agree, It is very expensive to run all braided line. I personally run all braided, but see nothing wrong with running aluminum line if all braided is not in the budget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 12:50 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

If you do use aluminum line please run it in a safe place. A place where the jack cant hit it, away from parts you will be removing when doing maintenance, and not inside a frame rail.

These lines kink, break and puncture real easy with a slight bump of metal. Also check the NHRA rules to see if it is legal to run aluminum fuel lines. I thought I had read where they were not legal for a certain ET...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 4:57 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Well put Mony...If the line sees any metal contact of vibration on the frame rail you will most likely have a hole....not good.

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 7:18 pm 
Thanks as usual guys. Well just spend the extra dough for the braided. Whats another $100.00 at this point. We have a running joke since we started building this car,"how much will that cost?", The answer is "Bout a thousand"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 7:23 pm 
Old Skool
Old Skool

Amazing isn't it!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 8:46 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Ya 100 here, 100 there.....Whats realy scary is when you add it all up someday....... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 20, 2004 11:05 pm 
Hopefully we can race this car for at least five years after its done. The money spent on it has to be made up for in enjoyment dollars. Thats the only way we can get our moneys worth. We aren't even close to racing this car yet and I already wish we had a 4 link installed in Car we want to go faster. Drag racing is like a boat when you get footitis.

I know a guy who has been bracket racing a twelve second maverick and he thinks we're crazy for wanting to go so fast with our car. Heads up street car racing is waaayyyy more appealing to me than bracket racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 21, 2004 2:33 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Heads up''street car'' racing in the best and only way to go.... :D :D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 21, 2004 8:36 am 
Old Skool
Old Skool

I know I'm addicted!!! 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 21, 2004 12:15 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

bbnova wrote:
I know I'm addicted!!! 8) 8) 8)

CRACKHEAD!!!!!