BACK TO BBNovaRacing HOME PAGE

BBNovaRacing.com

Because old school is so cool
It is currently Mar Thu 28, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Jan Fri 16, 2004 12:55 am 
Old Skool.
Old Skool.

I'm still working with our server host on getting the gallerys up and running. Until then, I do have a running image gallery that is up so you can view all of the pictures at http://www.bbnovaracing.com/linpha/mig

Here is a copy of an email I sent them. Maybe one of you guys can come up with something

Quote:
Thank you for your help so far. I can understand if you do not want to install ImageMagick on the servers. It is an extremly powerful and helpful tool, but I can get around it if we can update GD.

The current version of GD installed on the 1and1 servers is very outdated. It does NOT support jpegs. The following is straight from the PHP.net website at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagejpeg.php

"Note: JPEG support is only available if PHP was compiled against GD-1.8 or later. " and from your email: "We do have GD library ver 1.6.2"

So we can't install or use ImageMagick, all we can use is GD and the version of GD installed doesnt support JPGs.

PostPosted: Jan Fri 16, 2004 12:56 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Quote:
Thank you for your help so far. I can understand if you do not want to install ImageMagick on the servers. It is an extremly powerful and helpful tool, but I can get around it if we can update GD.

The current version of GD installed on the 1and1 servers is very outdated. It does NOT support jpegs. The following is straight from the PHP.net website at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagejpeg.php

"Note: JPEG support is only available if PHP was compiled against GD-1.8 or later. " and from your email: "We do have GD library ver 1.6.2"

So we can't install or use ImageMagick, all we can use is GD and the version of GD installed doesnt support JPGs.
[/quote]

Hey can you say that in English now? Darn computer geeks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Sun 18, 2004 1:52 am 
Jr. Dragster
Jr. Dragster

Call your provider and ask them to upgrade, or tell them you will be moving to another hosting provider. "Head know it all Matt" from gDR says it's not a big deal for them to get ImageMagick to work.

If they don't want to help you resolve it, use photo shop to create a gallery by itself, or try Pbase and embed it into your own page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Sun 18, 2004 10:13 pm 
Old Skool
Old Skool

Thanks 4mula. My brother is in Chicago this weekend. He will be back this evening(Sun). Thanks again!!! :D