BBNovaRacing.com

Because old school is so cool
It is currently Mar Thu 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WoooooHooooo..
PostPosted: Jan Tue 13, 2004 8:21 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

I got some fiberglass parts in today. I got a bumper, dash, and decklid from GlassTek.. They told me 3 weeks and its only been 1.5 weeks.. I love it when the people lie to you and tell ya its gonna take longer than it does.. Better than the other way around... Im happy..WoooooHoooooo :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D and one more :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 13, 2004 8:34 pm 
Old Skool
Old Skool

We will have to be carefull when leaning on the car so it doesn't get pushed now that it's gonna be that light!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 13, 2004 8:59 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Where is glass tek located???? Do they have reasonable prices.....and how about the fit of the parts????

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Tue 13, 2004 9:50 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Im not sure about the fit. They look OK and seem like they will be a good fit after some sanding of the corners.

Kevin, I don't think this thing will ever be lite enough for the class per the rules...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2004 12:06 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Monty....How much does your camaro weigh?????

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2004 9:06 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Sorry bro.. I missed this post and the little lady told me I had missed it.. Sorry

The car was last season with me in it 3198 and I weight 181 before dinner... The car needs to get down to 2950 for next season. I found 100#'s I could remove and Pro Cars will have to find the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2004 9:10 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Hell ya.....I have some vid of your car on my computer...My buddies and I watch it all the time, and I also use it to show my friends who think a big block is the only way to go.. *head*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2004 9:12 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Thanks man, that means a lot to me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2004 9:14 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

How much spray do you put to that small block.......Are you going to a 420 this year.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2004 10:22 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Yeah it will end up being a 422. I am going to keep the same block now with a 4.165 bore and 3.875 stroke. Last season we stayed with a .040 pill.. We backed off to a .038 toward the middle of the season as the bearings in the motor were getting hit. Im hoping with 1/2" less stroke it is easier on the bearings.

The 461 motor made 860 HP and 750 ft/lbs on the dyno. A .038 pill took the car to a 7.92 best pass in Maryland. That comes out to 1275 HP. A .038 pill by name is a 375HP pill.. But you can see it made a little more than that. I am very careful when talking about nitrous pills. I do not use HP number as they dont go hand and hand. One .038 pill in one motor might make 100 HP and another 500 HP.

I understand that most the class is running around a .048 or more pill. I could not get to that stage till I sorted out some problems. Well I never got to that point and figured I better take some stroke outta the motor and build it with heavy parts that can take the abuse. All I can do is try this stuff out and see what happens. If we can make 1275 HP again in a 2950# car it should run in the 7.70's. That is why I picked that CID to move to. That is the minimum weight in the class. I will continue to run 10.5 next season and be the only one in the class with them. I am hard headed and love the 10.5 tire. Its a tuning nitemare to get these things down the track. If things dont go right, I will listen to what everyone has been telling me to do and switch to big tires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 15, 2004 12:58 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

WOW, thanks for the info....That is just amazing how you can generate that much energy with a small block. Lots of my friends are Big Block guys and always give me shit for runing a small block, But when race season comes around I seem to hang with them just as good..(plus it realy makes them mad when a small block hands them their ass) oeps

I am planning on building a bigger small block next season...Mopar offers an r3 block wich I can take all the way to 458, but I was alao thinking a 422... :D Then spray some where in the range of 300 to 500....

My duster with the 360 and 250 worth of spray will go 9.70..It is all steel and I weigh 185 so I am not sure of my race weight. The car is completly street legal as well as very streetable(10.5 to 1 pump gas, 4.10 gears, 4000 coan stall) The motor now with 150 worth of spray made 506 at the rear wheels... What I would love to do is break into the 8's with the new motor and still drive it to work :D I believe it can be done and it will realy piss off my Big block buddies......

Anyways thats my story...Take it easy, Travis.

P.S. We need a nitrous tech form, as I have lots of questions and info....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 15, 2004 2:54 am 
Jr. Dragster
Jr. Dragster

SNYPER wrote:
Hell ya.....I have some vid of your car on my computer...My buddies and I watch it all the time, and I also use it to show my friends who think a big block is the only way to go.. *head*

Cool, Monty's vid guy made sure he got me in the vid hangin over the wall at Cecil County. I don't have the Mullet anymore. lol

Monty, Kenny Staib was also in the DTS Super Modified Class with a 421 SBC, 68 Camaro, Black with purple stripes. He ran our Quick 8 series and took the Points Championship with 3 out of 9 race wins and a split default win against Jerry Morgano by a non final ET win. He's been consistent as a bracket car with the little 421 against the monster big chiefs and big turbos. Prock was helping his tune at the final and was sure of a 7.70 out of the Camaro, but the track was getting misty on the top end and was called. It's a great choice going with the smaller cubes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 15, 2004 1:08 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

I also have a video of 4mula running for dear life with an unwrapped Hershes bar in his back pocket..LOL 4mula, you are awesome to take the time for us clowns....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 15, 2004 8:46 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

It sounds like there are a few small block cars in the 7's....nice. I will have to try to make it to one of these events..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 15, 2004 9:09 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

I hate to say but thats a BB chevy. 3 bolts on top and 4 on the bottom of the cover. Am I right? I believe that myself and Jim Huber are the only dummies running smallblocks in the class. If I am wrong and that is a smallblock, its OK cause I never made a mistake in 2003 so I have 2 for 2004.LOL