BACK TO BBNovaRacing HOME PAGE

BBNovaRacing.com

Because old school is so cool
It is currently Apr Thu 18, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1985 Z28
PostPosted: Jan Tue 06, 2004 11:54 pm 
Kevin, thanks for asking about the car. Believe it or not the car was not our first choice of body styles. We got a great deal on a like new body. It hadnt seen daylight in about 8 years. It was taken apart and painted then never reassembled. We picked it up for next to nothing. The only drawback was that the car was 110% taken apart. We got most of the car in boxes.

We took the car straight to Alstons chassis in Antioch IL. They installed an 8 point cage , ladder bars, mini tubs, their Fab 9 housing, and Strange 35 spline axles. We told them we figured the fastest the car would ever go might be 8.50's. That may have been a mistake. We are now thinking of racing in PRO Extreme Street and Nsca Limited street hopefully by 05 season because of $. We are not sure how much we want to travel.

We just got the car back from the body shop, who fitted the Harwood cowl hood and opened up the rear wheel wells 4 inches. The exterior is finished all black. It's starting to look pretty tough.

Our next step is the interior and wiring, then its front suspension and maybe Wildwod brakes all the way around. We were thinking of a PA performance K-member with a manual rack.

I just finished putting the power windows and locks in. I took them out of a donor firebird. We might as wel have a little luxury in our "street car". It should be brand new by the time we are finished. We plan on buying the trans and motor last, again, because of $. We were thinking of 522 fogger w/glide. Also I was thinking of 29.5 or 31 tal tire with 3.90 gear. What do you think. I've heard of guys with small tire nitrous cars running as low as 3.40 gears.

Can anyone explain how to load pictures into a post?

Post subject: Re: 1985 Z28
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 1:03 am 
Old Skool.
Old Skool.

Gatf4 wrote:
Can anyone explain how to load pictures into a post?

Hello Gatf4

The first thing you need to do is have your pictures on the internet somewhere and know the location. example: http://www.bbnovaracing.com/images/nsca.jpg

When posting in this or any PHP style forum, simply click the "img" button, type or insert the location of your picture, then click the "img" button again.

There is an FAQ button on the top of this page if you have any more questions like this. The image posting one is here for example: http://www.bbnovaracing.com/forum/faq.php#24

:)

Post subject: Alston Group
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 2:04 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Gat..... How is old Mike Ruth doing, is he still part of the Alston Group? I delt with him many years ago when he had Pro Chassis. I went to Antioch when he first moved into that building, around 1993-1994. That is one smart gentleman and a hell of a chassis builder. Remember the old Tony Foti Top Sportsman "COP CAR" Camaro? Good Luck.
Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 2:18 am 
kireol: Thanks for the tips, but now I feel even dumber. I loaded some pictures on Community webshots dot com. When I try and put them in a post it only shows up with a small x. ???? I'm sure its easy if you know what your doing with computer.

Jim: Mike seems to be doing fine. I believe he is the owner now, a least of that location. They did a very nice job with our car, we are very happy with their work. Once we get further along we have to take it back to them for a motor plate, rear firewall and chassis set-up. They even said they'd come to Union Grove for our first trip out if we need them.

I beleive he still has a picture of that Camaro on his wall of fame. Wasn't that car in Hot Rod or Car Craft a long time ago?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 2:41 am 
Old Skool.
Old Skool.

Gatf4 wrote:
kireol: Thanks for the tips, but now I feel even dumber. I loaded some pictures on Community webshots dot com. When I try and put them in a post it only shows up with a small x. ???? I'm sure its easy if you know what your doing with computer.

Dont feel dumb =)

Right click the picture over on webshots. go to properties. Look at what's next to address. that's what you have to type here in between the img tags. try again and if it doesnt work, post the link and i'll fix it and tell ya what went wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 3:14 am 
Jr. Dragster
Jr. Dragster

kireol wrote:
Gatf4 wrote:

Dont feel dumb =)

Right click the picture over on webshots. go to properties. Look at what's next to address. that's what you have to type here in between the img tags. try again and if it doesnt work, post the link and i'll fix it and tell ya what went wrong.

Webshots won't allow hot linking anymore, many sites won't. But our good friend Mas (The Avatar God) has a resorce for picture storage and allows hot linking of photos as if you had your own FTP site. http://starphoto.starblvd.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 3:33 am 
Old Skool.
Old Skool.

Tomorow is my birthday. well, actually today since it's 2:30am.

But I decided to stay up late and work hard for you guys!

Here you go, http://www.bbnovaracing.com/uploadpic.html

bbnovaracing now hosts image files.

*******Please do not offsite link! Kevin pays for the webspace and we dont want him going broke! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2004 8:18 am 
Old Skool
Old Skool

You ROCK Chris!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 08, 2004 3:22 am 

AHHAAA! Finally . Thanks for the help Chris. Go to bed early tonite. Hope you had a good B-day.
Thanks 4mula. I used that starphoto site and I finally figured it out after about 4 hours, Duh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Thu 08, 2004 10:34 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Thats a slick looking truck....NICE.... :lol:

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Fri 09, 2004 1:14 am 
Thanks Snyper. Hopefully soon we'll be able to tow our car to the track with this set-up. If we ever start to really travel we'll have to get a Deisel, and a bigger trailer of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Fri 09, 2004 1:24 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

you need matching rims for your trailer.........Bling Bling 8)

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Fri 09, 2004 1:29 am 
Snyper, really nice Duster, couldnt look any better. I betcha get a lotta looks. Any way we dont want to turn Kevins site into a Chrysler Chat room. Did Everyone see the last two issues of Fastest street car mag. Dec had Ross Stomp's sweet Nova and Jan had Cameron Coble's white Nova. Thats 2 Nova features in 2 months since my subscription started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Fri 09, 2004 1:40 am 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Novas do make great race cars.......not to heavy, simple, and can find one almost anywhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Jan Fri 09, 2004 8:48 am 
Old Skool
Old Skool

And they resemble a duster!!!