BBNovaRacing.com

Because old school is so cool
It is currently Apr Sat 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 7:54 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Yeah we all know how honest them magazines are.. Yep.. them new Mustangs run 9.80's with a cold air box, pulley kit, chip and a set of slicks.. Please use real world examples and not some fast and furious magazine.. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:01 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Ya, well you suck, your motor sucks, everthing sucks. LOL John :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:11 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

do you swallow? if so give Kevin a call... LMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:14 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

No gargull. LOL John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:21 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

I know you are, but what I'm I. John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:27 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Maybe the gay thing goes hand and hand with the BBC guys.... Oh I see you BBC guys are alot like the Mopar guy.. Like the Cop who got picked on in school.. Like the guy who picked band over gym... Like the guy who lived off mommies nipple till he was 5 years old... Like the guy who had to go into ballet cause he thought it was cool.. Like the guy who wore spandex in 1980 and still does.. Like the guy with the Bee Gee's tattoo.. Like the guy with a disco ball hanging from his bedroom ceiling.. Like the guy who pierced his wrong ear in the early years. Like the guy who cant decide if his name should be Kevin or Rebecca and finds the thing between his legs a problem...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:30 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Speaking of the thing between your legs and hand in hand. If that's true monty, How can you type. LOL . John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:38 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Cause the thing between my legs rests near my keyboard. But you would know nothing about that white boy cause your Canadian... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:43 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

Ya, wanta see my BACON.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:45 pm 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Doesn't bacon shrink when you warm it up? Thats what I thought bacon boy.. Looks like the real thing only smaller.. LMFAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 8:50 pm 
Jr. Dragster
Jr. Dragster

.. ... Like the guy who lived off mommies nipple till he was 5 years old..

He was off it at 5 years old?sh it, No wonder people in school looked at me and my mom in a funny way.......mamma..... :lol: :lol:

5.42 1/8@137.5mph
8.36 1/4@172.7mph
using Mickey Thompson sportsman pro tyres,pump fuel and mufflers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 9:09 pm 
Super Sport Sedan
Super Sport Sedan

LMFAO.....You guy's are fu**ing hillarious...well i like small blocks because they are cool........... :wink: :D

Nitrous cars are a lot like hot wemon, every man wants one, some men cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they will rock your world!!!!

Post subject: Monty, I'm baaaaack
PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2004 10:40 pm 
Jr. Dragster
Jr. Dragster

Ok, finally at home....Seeing as you guys have digressed to the alternate lifestyle thing...(politically correct?)....Back to the task at hand.

Monty, it seems like we are looking over some issues.....reread CLOSELY this time...I didn't stop at CID for CID...factor in the $ for $....along with all the others that I stated that would/should make everything equal, except for the block...do you think you could win...

It's all about the mighty $$$$'s for most.

Again, so you don't think I'm a SB hater... I can get them ALL to run...Just wondering what your HONEST opinion is. Without all the hoopla that everyone else with no technical backup. Kevin...feel free to jump in! Seems like the BB guys aren't stepping up?!

Stick to the case for your answer this time Monty...Digest ALL the facts before responding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Fri 06, 2004 7:57 am 
Big Block!
Big Block!

Again I will type this..

Our class, NSCA Super Modified, is exactly what you are asking about. It is a CID to weight class. No small block weight breaks at all. So a 420 CID BBC will weigh in exactly at the same weight as a 420 SBC. Our class is built of mostly 406-520 CID BB & SB. It did not cost my friends in the class any less than it costed me for my motor and they run BBC's. The winner for the last 4 years has been untouchable. He has taken the class by storm! He runs a 412 CID SBC with less than the best cylinder head for a SBC. The class is a 90% BBC class and the small block continues to dominate. It did not cost this guy any more for his motor than it did anyone else in the class. Its a no brainer to say that lighter assembly will accel quicker down the track. We continue to look for new ways to make things lighter in our rotating assemblies. Do you think a crank that is 30% heavier, rods that are 10% heavier and a block that is about 100# heavier sitting in the front of the car is an advantage when talking about performance? Again please give me facts and not the "well, im right and your wrong cause I said so data"

Again to clearify this. The SBC CID for CID is the same amount of money as a BBC. But a big 555 BBC is cheaper than a 358 SBC when making the same power. But pound for pound, CID for CID, $ for $ the SBC is the better choice. I will say the SBC is harder on parts and takes more to maintain. But I remember going to the track with a plain jane 406 I used to run 9.10's in consistantly and make the BBC that looked like the motor from hell go home feeling let down. That feeling is priceless!!!

Again I am using examples wth backup data and I have yet to see a BBC guy use any. Please justify to me where a 420 CID BBC will out run a 420 SBC keeping all things the same.. Not a turbo vs nitrous vs blower.. Again I use a 420for an example as that is what I am in the process of building. Maybe if you guys back up your data I will be sold. But the idea of carring an extra 100#'s on the front end and making the less or the same power is not the wise choice in my mind. But who knows I could be wrong....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Feb Fri 06, 2004 8:17 am 
Old Skool
Old Skool

Ok Mr. Mikho, how much money would you say you had into this 406sbc that ran low 9's???? Then I will make my point!!!! :D